Yes, I realize it's already February. But I never actually got around to listing my favorite music from 2016 by the end of last year, so better late than never, right? I had a tough time narrowing these lists down because there was a huge amount of great music released this past year. These are listed in no specific order, but if I had to pick my favorite album it has to be "Eternally Even" by Jim James. So relevant in many different ways, James managed to touch a nerve with me both lyrically and instrumentally. And yes, I have a soft spot for The Weeknd. Deal with it.
Top 10 Songs of 2016:
- "Starboy" The Weeknd
- "She's American" The 1975
- "Youth" Glass Animals
- "Here In Spirit" Jim James
- "We The People" A Tribe Called Quest
- "Zombies" Childish Gambino
- "Titus Was Born" Young the Giant
- "Because I'm Me" The Avalanches
- "Am I Wrong" Anderson .Paak
- "Secrets" The Weeknd
Top 10 Albums of 2016:
- Young the Giant "Home of the Strange"
- Jim James "Eternally Even"
- Childish Gambino "Awaken, My Love!"
- A Tribe Called Quest "We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service"
- Anderson .Paak "Malibu"
- Glass Animals "How To Be A Human Being"
- Amos Lee "Spirit"
- Dawes "We're All Gonna Die"
- Local Natives "Sunlit Youth"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "The Getaway"